Sunday, March 8, 2015

From the Dark to the Dawn: A Tale of Ancient Rome

By Alicia A. Willis

 

Review:

Short version: This book will change your life.

Long version: This book was one of the best I read! Written by a passionate historian and eloquent author, this book, in truth, impacted me beyond words.

The plot is not intricately complex, yet it is powerfully deep. Philip is a British captive, carried to Rome and sold to the troubled and brutal master, Marcus. However, Philip is soon changed by the gospel and his life is turned around. Yet persecution awaits...

 This book is spiritually deep. There are so many lessons and themes in it, I don't know where to start. Faith, perseverance, forgiveness, and the power of prayer are all in here, and more. This is a book I will read over and over again, and always learn something new.

The emotional drama of the book captivated me, and when I finished, I lived in a dream for days afterwards. You also, I am sure, will be richly blessed by the one-of-a-kind novel, From the Dark to the Dawn.

I recommend this book to all Christian young people and adults who are seeking a powerful, God-glorifying, historical novel. You will be richly encouraged, and left with a deep impression of what it means to serve God and deny everything for him.

I also recommend this to all unbelievers who are troubled and miserable with their estate, and are seeking a change. This book with give you the Answer.

Soli Deo Gloria,
The Book Adventurer

No comments:

Post a Comment